WHY WORK WITH US?
This is our best effort at describing ourselves, our philosophy, our working practices, our strengths, our limitations, and the type of authors with whom we would like to work. Before you submit your proposal, please read this page to decide whether we would be a good fit.
Foremost, as avid readers, we are excited about reading your story and working with you to bring it to publication. The process of going from draft manuscript to finished book—that’s what makes it all worthwhile.
- OUR MAIN CRITERIA: We select manuscripts for publication based on the following factors: (i) compelling subject matter and the quality of your writing and (ii) since we will be working closely together for a long period of time—whether we sense a good rapport (a collaborative, flexible working relationship). Sales potential is important, but this is not our main criteria for acceptance.
- COLLABORATION: We value your input every step of the way and want all stages of production to be two-way street (editing, cover, synopsis, author Q&A, etc.). We are looking of authors who are happy with a truly collaborative process. Same goes for promotion. We will work together with you to develop promotional plans. A big plus for us are authors who have their own author platform (blog, website, social media).
- A SMALL PRESS: We are not a vanity publisher and will never ask our authors to bear any production costs or purchase a set number of books after publication. Since we are a small company, we have to be very selective, to avoid taking on too many projects at one time, becoming over-committed, and end up taking shortcuts and ultimately shortchanging everyone.
- WE WILL WORK HARD TO PROMOTE YOUR BOOK: Although we do not have a large advertising budget, we will work with you to develop marketing and promotional plans and find creative ways to reach readers who will be interested in your book (via social media, blogs, websites, magazines, newspapers, radio, local book readings, etc.). Our promotion plans will be ongoing: we are with you for the long haul.
How Long Does the Process Usually Take?
Our timeframe from acceptance to publication is typically twelve to twenty-four months. This seems like a long time, but with so many stages in the process, this time goes by very quickly.
The stages include:
- initial read through and comments
- proofreading, editing and content development
- peer readers and feedback
- review and revisions
- final round of proofreading and revisions
- cover design and back cover synopsis
- pre-publication reviews
- publication and book launch
- reviews and promotion
- untold riches, fame and fortune, a fancy poodle, and a guitar-shaped swimming pool!
If you are interested in publishing with us, please review our Book Submissions page.
Drop us a line at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.