We share a deep fascination of culture; of life in other countries; of our diversity of beliefs, customs, and attitudes; of popular culture—music, movies, and sports . . . simply a fascination for what makes us tick.
We welcome submissions—non-fiction, creative non-fiction, and realistic fiction—about time spent on the other side of the world, about growing up in your own neighborhood . . . or anywhere in between.
- visiting/moving to/living in a foreign country
- coming of age stories/growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s
- triumph over adversity
- culture shock
- memorable characters and experiences you have encountered in your travels, your work, or in your neighborhood or family
- the ups and downs of being famous, almost famous … or not famous at all (as a musician, actor, e.g.)
- going against the grain of your peers or family and their “accepted” tastes vs. yours (music, fashion, etc.)
- how ideals and perspectives change between generations and how our own ideals and perspectives can change throughout our lives
We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop us a line any time at email@example.com.
Jon and Laurie Wilson, Ann Arbor, MI